Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sippin' apathy through a hate-laced straw.

Funny how certain things can affect someone so potently, that even though they woke up with a smile, at the end of the day it's almost as if it never existed. And the most frustrating part of all of this is that I have no bloody clue what got Me like this. I hate that. Reminds Me too much of My HS years; absolutely no control over Myself whatsoever. It's an odd cocktail of emotions, mostly consisting of numbness, a few shots of apathy, a splash of anger, and a pretty cherry of nostalgia.


Might've been all the rot HandyMan was talking about most of today. He was unusually pessimistic, very unlike him. I mean... most of it was true, our economy IS shit, the government most likely IS using us like puppets, the world HAS a great possibility of ending in less than a decade. It was just all... overwhelming. That's how I used to think, negative all the time, and now that I have a bit of a firm grasp of optimism, Mr. Always Positive goes grumpy old man on Me. Thank god I had boy with Me. I would've been in this black slum all day, I think.


But anyway, on to the good part of the day. Mother actually offered to bring boy with us to the beach today. Complete and utter shock. She's hasn't offered in a long time. Haven't figured out what was up with that yet. Ah well. She seems to be getting a little less nasty-bitch, and more how she used to be. Might be a glimpse of menopause. Oh jesus........


We had yummy pizza and garlic rolls at Big Louie's , then strolled through the mini vintage shops that were in the same plaza. I oogled at the pet-tique shop for a while, with boy at My side as always. They had such cute stuff, ^___^. And we found a leash that said "One of us begs for it" at one of the vintage stores that sold a bunch of random shit. It was great, ^.^. We then headed to Borders, stayed there for a bit. Bought boy a political book thingy that I can't remember exactly what it's about now, and I bought Myself a gardening encyclopedia book for My new obsession, lol. So many pretty garden designs... I hope to make My huge backyard in My awesomely huge house in the future as pretty as those. *wistful sigh*



*sways to trippy Pink Floyd music*



Yeah. One of those days.



I think I'm done for today's blog. Need to leave some stuff for boy to talk about for later, since he's supposedly posting tonight, lol. *winks* Love ya, boy. And My little starshine too. *huggles* Going to grab some cookies and maybe doodle some. Toodles.



Comfortably numb, and lovin' it,



~The Pink.

No comments: